Now Playing
K95.5 Tulsa
Last Song Played
Tulsa's New Country Leader
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
K95.5 Tulsa
Last Song Played
Tulsa's New Country Leader

celebrity news

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >

Stolen Van Halen guitar returned to Hard Rock Cafe in Texas

A guitar owned by rock ’n’ roll legend Eddie Van Halen worth more than $100,000 was recovered Friday, hours after it was stolen from a Hard Rock Cafe in San Antonio, Texas, KSAT reported.

>> Read more trending news

The guitar, nicknamed “Frankenstrat,” had been reported stolen around 1 a.m. Friday. It was returned later in the day, but it is unclear how the restaurant was able to retrieve the instrument.

According to San Antonio police, someone walked in a side door of the Hard Rock Cafe and took the red, white and black guitar off the wall, and then exited the building. An employee noticed the guitar was missing after the Hard Rock Cafe closed, police said.

The Frankenstrat guitar was one of several that Van Halen had custom built for him during his career, the San Antonio Express reported. 

Van Halen is considered one of the most influential guitarists in the history of rock music. In 2011, Rolling Stone magazine ranked Van Halen eighth on its list of the 100 greatest guitarists.

Serena Williams shares wedding photos in new interview

Tennis icon Serena Williams married Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian in New Orleans Thursday, and gave the first official photos to Vogue magazine to share.

The ceremony was in front of 200 guests made up of family and friends -- Venus Williams, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian Anna Wintour, Ciara and the newlyweds’ 2-month-old daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. among them. 

>> Read more trending news

Williams detailed her big day for Vogue in a story published Friday.

“Alexis really wanted to do New Orleans. It’s his favorite city besides Brooklyn,” Williams said. “It’s got a heavy European influence; it’s fun and has amazing food. He just loves the vibe. The venue—the Contemporary Arts Center of New Orleans—was a decision we both made. Painting and art is something I’m really passionate about, so it just felt natural and different to do it at a contemporary art museum.”

The wedding date  -- Nov. 16 -- held special importance for both as it was Ohanian’s late mother’s birthday.

“Obviously, we wish that she could be here for this, but choosing her birthday as our wedding date was a nice way of making sure she’s still involved and made us feel more connected to her on our day,” Williams told Vogue.

The “Beauty and the Beast” themed wedding included a Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen ball gown that Williams walked down the aisle in. The venue was designed similar to a fashion show.

“I wanted the whole thing to be as nontraditional as possible,” Williams said. “We did sofas instead of chairs, with everything facing the aisle instead of the altar.”

Baby Alexis was carried down the aisle by Williams’ mother, Oracene Price, and Williams’ best friend, Val Vogt, carried the athletes Yorkshire terrier, Chip, down the aisle. The dog, which Williams has referred to as her son, wore a tiny tuxedo and top hat.

The two exchanged personally written vows to each other before changing outfits for the reception. In between the ceremony and reception, guests were at a cocktail hour outside. A second line parade brought guests back inside, where guests dined on Southern, Armenian and Italian food at four long tables named after Williams’ Grand Slam wins.

“Serena wanted a ball, but she wanted a modern ball, not anything that was too stuffy,” event designer Preston Bailey said of the reception.

Williams changed into a custom feathered and beaded Versace dress after the couple was introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Alexis Ohanian. The newlyweds did a choreographed first dance and later in the evening danced on stage as New Edition performed.

Early Friday morning, the event ended with a surprise: Ohanian brought out a carousel for his new bride.

Read more about Williams and Ohanian’s wedding at Vogue.com.

Serena Williams marries Alexis Ohanian in New Orleans, reveals wedding dress

Serena Williams is officially a married woman, according to reports.

People reported that the tennis legend and her fiance, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, were married Thursday in New Orleans.

>> Read more trending news

Reports bubbled this week that the pair was getting married at the Contemporary Arts Center

E! News reported that the nuptials came two years after Ohanian and Williams began dating. They welcomed daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. in early September.

Related: Report: Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian set to wed Thursday

On Wednesday, the pair and 100 guests reportedly attended  a rehearsal dinner at Emeril Lagasse’s Meril restaurant. Eva Longoria and Colton Hayes were among those at the dinner, as was Williams’ mother, Oracene Price, and sister, Venus Williams.

Williams’ wedding gown was seen being brought into the city the same day.

Williams posted a caption-free image of her in a ball gown silhouette wedding dress on Instagram Friday. 

“Entertainment Tonight” reported that Beyonce, Venus Williams, Kelly Rowland, Lala Anthony, Kim Kardashian and Ciara were among the famous wedding guests. According to an ET source, daughter Alexis Olympia was also in attendance. 

Related: Serena Williams welcomes baby girl with fiance Alexis Ohanian

Patrick Mouratoglou, Serena Williams’ tennis coach, offered the couple congratulations in an Instagram post on Thursday.

“I send you all my positive feelings for that very special day. I wish you a very happy wedding, a fantastic party and a full life of happiness,” he captioned the post.

Aly Raisman calls out sexual assault victim shamers, Gabby Douglas apologizes for response

Aly Raisman is responding to those who blame sexual assault victims.

Raisman, who just came forward with her own story of sexual abuse, shared a note on Twitter Friday in which she slammed people who question why victims do not come forward.

“Just to be clear… Just because a woman does a sexy photoshoot or wears a sexy outfit does not give a man the right to shame her or not believe her when she comes forward about sexual abuse,” Raisman wrote. “What is wrong with some of you? AND when a woman dresses sexy it does not give a man the right to sexually abuse her EVER.”

>> Read more trending news

Raisman continued, “Women are allowed to feel sexy and comfortable in their own skin, in fact I encourage you all to wear what you feel good in. I will not put up with any woman or girl being shamed for wanting to wear a skirt, dress, etc. I do not tolerate it. Are we clear?”

“Oh and one more thing. STOP VICTIM SHAMING. It is because of you that so many survivors live in fear,” she said.

Raisman captioned the tweet, writing, “we are all in this together. If we are going to create change I need all your help.”

The Olympian came forward with allegations against Team USA doctor, Dr. Larry Nassar, and detailed some of the abuse in her new memoir “Fierce.”

Related: Report: Olympic medalist Aly Raisman claims she was sexually abused by team doctor

Despite Raisman’s request, E! News reported that her teammate, Gabby Douglas, appeared to say that how a victim dresses entices others.

“However it is our responsibility as women to dress modestly and be classy,” Douglas wrote while quoting Raisman’s tweet. “Dressing in a provocative/sexual way entices the wrong crowd.”

The tweet has since been deleted, but fellow Olympian and teammate Simone Biles promptly called Douglas out and took a screenshot of the offending post.

“Shocks me that I’m seeing this but it doesn’t surprise me... honestly seeing this brings me to tears (because) as your teammate I expected more from you and to support her,” Biles tweeted. “I support you Aly  and all the other women out there! STAY STRONG.”

Earlier this week, Raisman appeared on “Today” and spoke out about the abuse she endured in an interview with Hoda Kotb.

“He was a doctor, and he told met that his ‘treatment’ would help heal all of my injuries. I was so young. I had never really worked with another doctor or trainer before, and everyone said he was the best. He would give me these gifts. So, I really thought he was my friend. He always seemed like he had my back,” she said, adding that now that she’s older, she understands what happened and that he manipulated her.

“These monsters are so good at manipulating you. You’re so brainwashed to think, ‘I thought he was so nice,’” she said in her interview with Kotb. “I think he’s a monster. It is so disturbing to me what he did to me and so many other people. This is so much bigger than just me. It’s such a horrific thing to happen.”

Douglas, after trying to explain her initial tweet to some followers, posted an apology.

“I am deeply sorry for coming off like I don’t stand alongside my teammates. Regardless of what you wear, abuse under any circumstance is never acceptable. I am WITH you,” she tweeted with “#metoo.”

Nassar is currently facing 22 counts of first-degree sexual misconduct.

Jennifer Hudson files for protective order against ex-fiance

“American Idol” alum and current judge on “The Voice” Jennifer Hudson has obtained a protective order against her now ex-fiancé, David Otunga, after calling it quits on their relationship.

>> Read more trending news

People magazine confirmed the news with a statement from Hudson’s representative.

“They have been in the process of ending their relationship for a number of months,” the representative said. “Today, Jennifer requested and received a protective order against her ex-fiancé. Jennifer’s actions are solely taken in the best interest of their son.”

The couple were engaged in September 2008 after less than a year of dating. They welcomed their son, David Daniel Otunga Jr., in August 2009. The engagement news came just before Hudson’s mother, Darnell Donerson, and her brother, Jason Hudson, were found dead by gunshot wounds in a Chicago home. The singer’s 7-year-old nephew was also found dead. Her former brother-in-law, William Balfour, was convicted of the murders in 2012.

Ortunga’s attorney denied any abuse allegations in a statement to People.

“Mr. Otunga has never abused or harassed Ms. Hudson or their son, and it is unfortunate, especially in today’s climate, that she would feel the need to make these false allegations against him. Mr. Otunga looks forward to his day in court and in being awarded the residential care of the parties’ only child,” the statement read.

TMZ reports that Otunga’s attorney, Tracy Rizzo, said Hudson is using Otunga’s status as a former WWE wrester against him. 

“As a result of Mr. Otunga’s career in the WWE, Ms. Hudson felt that she could give an award winning performance in court to portray herself as the victim,” Rizzo said, according to TMZ.

RELATED: Sylvester Stallone addresses recently revealed sexual assault allegations from a teen girl

Sylvester Stallone rep says sexual abuse allegations are ‘ridiculous, categorically false’

Sylvester Stallone has been accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in 1986.

According to a report from The Daily Mail, the alleged victim filed a police report and claimed the actor, then 40 years old, sexually assaulted her in a hotel room in Las Vegas. Stallone’s bodyguard, Michael De Luca, was also involved in the assault, the accuser said, according to the report. Stallone was in the city filming “Over the Top,” the report said.

>> Read more trending news

The unnamed teenager said she was threatened not to tell anyone about the incident. The Daily Mail, which reported it obtained a copy of the original police report, said the teen said she was “humiliated and ashamed” and did not press charges against Stallone or the De Luca as a result.

The report alleges that retired Las Vegas Metro Police Department Detective Sgt. John Samolovitch, who was in change of the department’s sexual assault unit, confirmed that the police report “is in fact a true copy of the original report.”

A representative for Stallone says the report is not true.

“This is a ridiculous, categorically false story,” Stallone’s spokeswoman, Michelle Bega, told People in a statement. “No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone. At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.”

Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber photographed kissing at hockey game

If a paparazzi photo is any indication, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are together again.

TMZ reported that the on-again-off-again couple are very much back on after Gomez was photographed kissing Bieber during one of his weekly hockey games Wednesday night in Los Angeles.

>> Read more trending news

Gomez was previously with The Weeknd, but the two broke up after dating for 10 months. People reported in October that distance was a reason for the breakup.

Around the same time, Gomez was photographer going to church with Bieber and meeting him for breakfast. According to E! News, the two were just friends around late October.

This latest photo indicates otherwise. 

Bieber and Gomez initially dated on and off from 2011-2014.

Lady Gaga stops show after seeing fan bleeding in the audience

Lady Gaga stopped in the middle of a concert to check on a fan who reportedly started bleeding after she was hit in the face -- presumably by accident -- in the middle of the show.

People reported that Gaga, who is back on her Joanne World Tour, was in Connecticut when the incident occurred. 

>> Read more trending news

“I just looked over and I saw,” Gaga said in a video a fan account posted to Twitter. “Are you all right? Do you need some extra help? Yeah? OK, so do you need a paramedic? They’re on their way? OK.”

Related: Lady Gaga announces Netflix documentary ‘Gaga: Five Foot Two’

After learning the fan’s name is Meredith, Gaga went on to say, “Meredith, I’m so sorry that you got hit in the face and that you’re bleeding.” The audience gasped.

“You OK? We’re going to make sure that you’re OK, all right?”

The audience cheered as Gaga stood up.

“OK. I think she is gonna go off to see the doctors. What we all need to remember is that there are some things that are more important than show business. So we’ll do this one for Meredith, all right?” 

Related: Lady Gaga discusses struggle with fibromyalgia

The singer then broke out into an a cappella version of “Paparazzi.” She paused her singing and then said, “Make sure to give that girl a backstage pass, too.”

Gaga is back on tour after taking a break to focus on her health. She previously canceled recent tour dates in Europe due to her chronic pain from fibromyalgia.

Former 'What Not To Wear' co-hosts Stacy London, Clinton Kelly, won't be reuniting anytime soon

TLC may be bringing back classic hits like “Trading Spaces” and “Four Weddings,” but the network probably won’t be rebooting “What Not To Wear” anytime soon, as the show’s former co-hosts are in a mysterious feud.

>> Read more trending news 

On Wednesday, Clinton Kelly, who now co-hosts “The Chew,” revealed that his former “What Not To Wear” co-host, Stacy London, blocked him on Twitter. He shared the news on Twitter after finding it out himself when he and London were tagged in the same tweet, posting a screenshot of her profile, which indicates that she blocked him, and writing, “Alllll righty then.”

London did not respond to Kelly’s tweet.

While fans who enjoyed the duo’s playful bickering on the show were surprised to discover they’re less than friendly in real life, Kelly himself was apparently not shocked. As Twitter users responded asking him what happened, he wrote back to one and refused to share any details.

“The tea is old,” he said. “And I never spill tea unless I’m shook, which I’m not.”

Kelly hinted at a possible rift between him and London and revealed they don’t talk often in his book, “I Hate Everyone, Except You,” which was released earlier this year. During an interview, Clinton said, “We spent so much time together for 10 years ... It was funny in the beginning when we completed each other’s sentences ... It got to be like, ‘OK, we need a break from each other.’”

“We loved each other and despised each other, and if she were writing a book, I expect she would say exactly what she thought about me too. And it would be fine,” he later elaborated, adding that he doesn’t have any regrets about addressing their tension in his book.

The successful TLC show finally came to an end after an entire 10 seasons in October 2013.

>> Related: HGTV to air 'Fixer Upper' and 'Flip or Flop' spin-off shows

Kevin Spacey allegations: Theater says it received 20 complaints of 'inappropriate behavior'

A London theater is reportedly looking into numerous allegations of "inappropriate behavior" against actor Kevin Spacey.

>> Kevin Spacey accused of past sexual misconduct with then-14-year-old actor

According to The Associated Press, the Old Vic theater said Thursday that the 20 alleged incidents took place from 1995 to 2013. Spacey, 58, was artistic director there from 2004 to 2015.

The theater, which said the allegations followed an investigation into Spacey's behavior that began last month, said it "truly apologizes for not creating an environment or culture where people felt able to speak freely," the BBC reported.

>> Kevin Spacey ‘suspended’ from ‘House of Cards’ as Netflix cuts ties with actor

The news is the latest in a string of allegations of sexual misconduct against the actor, starting with a claim by "Rent" star Anthony Rapp that Spacey made a sexual advance toward him when Rapp was just 14. Spacey issued a controversial apology on Twitter, claiming he did not remember the incident if it had occurred. He publicly came out as gay in the same statement, sparking criticism that he was trying to tie being gay to predatory behavior.

>> Read more trending news

Spacey was dropped from "House of Cards," his talent agency and publicist soon after the allegations surfaced, the AP reported.

Read more here or here.

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >