Now Playing
K95.5 Tulsa
Last Song Played
Tulsa's New Country Leader
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
K95.5 Tulsa
Last Song Played
Tulsa's New Country Leader

national

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >

Cold? Snow? This Vikings fan is tailgating in flip-flops

It takes a special fan to weather the cold for an NFL playoff game. Five hours before the Vikings were to host the New Orleans Saints in an NFC divisional game Sunday, Minnesota fans were outside U.S. Bank Stadium tailgating.

>> Read more trending news

Never mind that as noon approached it was 11 degrees in Minneapolis and snow flurries were falling.

A fan named Josh was undaunted, telling a reporter that “it feels like 95 and sunny.”

Josh and friends were set up a half block from the stadium, WCCO reported, complete with a bloody mary bar and plenty of food to stay warm.

Josh, from Bay Lake, Minnesota, capped his tailgating experience by wearing flip-flops, with his toenails painted in Vikings purple and gold.

“It’s my self-expression,” he told WCCO.

Skol, Vikings.

Speeding car hits median, flies into second story of California dental office

Two people were injured Sunday morning in California when a car, apparently traveling at a high rate of speed, hit a raised median and flew into the second floor of a dental office, police said.

In a news release, the Santa Ana Police Department said the incident occurred at 5:25 a.m. Officers determined that a white sedan hit a raised median and was launched into the air. The car then struck the dental office building and became wedged into the second floor, police said.

Police said both occupants of the car were injured, adding that the driver allegedly admitted to using narcotics. The driver was admitted to a hospital, police said. 

The car caught fire after it went into the building, Daniel Sanchez, who witnessed the accident, told KNBC

“It was crazy, it really was,” Sanchez told KNBC.

Philadelphia Eagles’ bark has bite after NFC playoff victory

The Philadelphia Eagles let the dogs out after their NFC divisional-round victory Saturday.

>> Read more trending news

The Eagles, who were the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs, were still rated as three-point underdogs in their game against sixth-seeded Atlanta, ESPN reported. So, after Philadelphia held on for a 15-10 victory, the dog masks came out.

Defensive end Chris Long and right tackle Lane Johnson, poking fun at the fact that the Eagles were the first top-seeded team to be an underdog in its first postseason game, had bought German shepherd masks earlier in the week. After a final goal-line stand that probably left the Eagles panting in anxiety, a relieved Long and Johnson donned their masks as Philadelphia advanced to the NFC Championship Game.

“Me and Chris Long were talking (at lunch), and everybody's calling us underdogs, so hey, let's go get us a dog mask,” Johnson said. “That's what we did.”

The Eagles will host next week’s conference title game against the winner of Sunday’s contest between the New Orleans Saints and the Minnesota Vikings. Even though the Eagles have home-field advantage, it is likely they will be underdogs as they try to advance to their third Super Bowl in franchise history, ESPN reported. The Eagles lost in their two other appearances, falling to the Oakland Raiders 27-10 in Super Bowl XV and losing 24-21 to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX.

“I would imagine we're probably not going to be favored next week, either,” Johnson said. “At this point in the season, it really don't matter; it's anybody's game.”

Must-see: Passenger jet skids off runway, gets stuck on edge of cliff

A passenger jet carrying 162 people got stuck on a cliff's edge moments after skidding off a runway early Sunday at Turkey's Trabzon Airport.

According to The Associated Press, no one was hurt in the incident, and everyone on board was evacuated safely. The airport was closed temporarily.

>> Read more trending news 

Authorities said they did not know what caused the incident involving the Pegasus Airlines Boeing 737-800, which was traveling from Ankara to Trabzon, the AP reported.

Dramatic photos from the scene quickly circulated on social media. Take a look at some of them below:

Liam Neeson says sexual harassment scandals becoming 'a witch hunt'

According to Liam Neeson, the sexual harassment allegations plaguing Hollywood and other industries are turning into “a bit of a witch hunt.”

>> Click here to watch

In an interview on Ireland’s “The Late Late Show,” the 65-year-old addressed the growing slew of accusations in the industry stemming from the bombshell claims against Harvey Weinstein in October, reported The Hill.

>> On Rare.us: After being slammed for an unpopular opinion, Matt Damon still isn’t backing down

“There is a bit of a witch hunt happening too. There’s some people, famous people, being suddenly accused of touching some girl’s knee or something, and suddenly, they’re being dropped from their program or something,” Neeson said.

Neeson was referring to the story of NPR’s radio host and writer Garrison Keillor, who was fired from Minnesota Public radio after being accused of inappropriate behavior with a co-worker, according to the New York Post.

According to the actor, the incident regarding Keillor differed from those involving Kevin Spacey, who was disgraced after news broke of him allegedly displaying inappropriate behavior toward a then 14-year-old Anthony Rapp in 1986, and Harvey Weinstein.

>> Read more trending news 

Neeson went on to describe that the allegations lobbied against Dustin Hoffman were “childhood stuff.”

“I think Dustin Hoffman … I’m not saying I’ve done similar things like what he did, apparently, he touched a girl’s breast and stuff, but it’s childhood stuff,” Neeson said.

The accusations against Hoffman include exposing himself and groping a teenage intern on one of his movie sets.

>> On Rare.us: Liam Neeson has announced his retirement from action movies and the world is weeping

The “Taken” star continued his statements by acknowledging that the #MeToo movement has been positive for all industries.

“There is a movement happening and it’s healthy, and it’s across every industry. The focus seems to be on Hollywood, but it’s across every industry,” he said.

Tonya Harding's mother speaks out about abuse claims

Figure skater Tonya Harding’s mother LaVona “Sandy” Golden slammed her daughter in a new interview on the two-hour special “Truth and Lies: The Tonya Harding Story,” which aired Thursday night on ABC News.

>> Click here to watch

In the rare interview, Golden accused her daughter of lying about being abused as a child, which is depicted in the new biopic, “I, Tonya.”

“I didn’t abuse any of my children,” Golden said. “Spanked? Yes, spanked. Absolutely, positively, you got to show them right from wrong.”

>> Read more trending news 

Harding alleged that her mother once “dragged me into the bathroom and beat me with a hairbrush, literally” and regularly abused her, but Golden denied the allegations, saying, “I spanked her once with a hairbrush at a competition. She wouldn’t know what a beating was.”

Golden continued, “She’s lied so much she doesn’t know what isn’t a lie anymore.”

The figure skater previously claimed that her mother would drink a thermos of coffee and brandy every day when she would drive her daughter to school.

>> On Rare.us: 23 years later, Tonya Harding speaks out about the attack on Nancy Kerrigan at the Winter Olympics

“I would have coffee, and sometimes I would put brandy flavoring in it. I love brandy flavoring. You can’t get drunk on flavoring. Sorry to disappoint you,” Golden said.

Golden also denied claims that Harding made about growing up on the wrong side of the tracks in a trailer.

“We were never trailer trash,” Golden said. “We had a beautiful new trailer. We didn’t live in filth or dirt or anything that I would call unusual.”

Harding said in the interview that she does not want anything to do with Golden, and she wants her mother to stay away from her 6-year-old son, Gordon.

“I don’t want her anywhere near me. I don’t want her anywhere near my son,” Harding said. “She wants forgiveness. She wants to see me. She wants to make amends. She wants to meet and be part of the family. Hell no.”

(H/T PEOPLE)

WATCH: Formerly homeless boy cries tears of joy when he sees his own bed

A formerly homeless boy was moved to tears when he was surprised with his very own bed to sleep in.

>> Click here to watch the heartwarming video

Eight-year-old Daeyrs of Detroit has been living in shelters with his mom, Dionna, for most of his life. They have been homeless since she lost her job as a nurse.

>> On HotTopics.TV: Boy cries when he learns about homelessness, gets involved to help 

According to “Inside Edition,” the family was finally granted state housing but couldn’t afford to furnish the home. Daeyrs had been sleeping on only blankets until the family got the help they needed.

Nonprofit organization Humble Design stepped in to make the house a home for the family.

“When we visited them earlier this week they just had an air mattress on the ground and a few camp chairs,” the organization wrote on Facebook.

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Video shared to the group’s Facebook page shows Daeyrs touring the house with his mom for the first time. When it came time to tour his room, the designers told Daeyrs to close his eyes.

When he opened them, he saw a completely furnished room, complete with "Star Wars" posters, a desk, and most importantly, his very own bed.

>> Read more trending news 

He immediately broke down in tears.

“Seeing how much having a bed and his own room meant to Daeyrs, it really made me realize what’s important in life and grateful for everything I have,” Humble Design founder Tregar Strasberg told “Inside Edition.”

Wife charged with murder searched for 'how to kill someone and not get caught,' police say

A Maypearl, Texas, woman has been charged with murder after she was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of killing her husband.

Sandra Louise Garner was arrested Jan. 10, nine days after her husband’s death. Police said they were led to the 55-year-old after they seized one of her electronic devices and discovered that she’d recently searched “how to kill someone and not get caught,” according to the Waxahachie Daily Light. Garner’s late husband, 42-year-old John Garner, was found in the couple's home early Jan. 2. Maypearl Police Chief Boyd Norton said the autopsy revealed that John Garner was killed with a .38 caliber bullet.

>> Read more trending news 

Norton said Sandra Garner called 911 on the night of her husband’s death, saying, “Ms. Garner told investigators she was awakened by two gunshots and saw a masked male holding a gun and a flashlight inside her residence,” per a report from Paris Extra. Sandra Garner also claimed that “the perpetrator told her he held a grudge against her husband because of work-related matters," police said. She also reportedly told police that the gunman told her he wasn’t there to hurt her and that he made her open the family safe and fork over $18,000. However, as early as Jan. 4, the Maypearl Police Department pushed back on Sandra Garner’s story, writing on Facebook, “We have reason to believe that the shooting was NOT a ‘stranger on stranger’ home invasion.”

The Ellis County Sheriff’s Office reportedly got a search warrant and found a bullet in a pillowcase in the Garners’ bedroom. That discovery led to them seizing the devices, where they uncovered Sandra Garner’s search history. Norton also said investigators found a .38 Taurus handgun in a Ford Mustang parked near the residence. The gun was wrapped in a paper towel and slipped into two plastic bags, he said. Police arrested Sandra Garner after experts determined that the bullet found in the John Garner’s body matched the .38 found in the Mustang.

Sandra Garner is now facing a murder charge and is in the Ellis County Jail on a $2 million bond.

Eliza Dushku says she was molested by 'True Lies' stunt coordinator at age 12

Actress Eliza Dushku took to Facebook on Saturday to allege that she was molested as a child by a "True Lies" stunt coordinator.

"When I was 12 years old, while filming 'True Lies,' I was sexually molested by Joel Kramer, one of Hollywood's leading stunt coordinators," wrote Dushku, now 37. 

"Ever since, I have struggled with how and when to disclose this, if ever. At the time, I shared what happened to me with my parents, two adult friends and one of my older brothers. No one seemed ready to confront this taboo subject then, nor was I."

>> Read the full post here (WARNING: Discretion advised.)

She alleged that Kramer, who was 36 at the time, lured her to his hotel room, put her on the bed, then "disappeared in the bathroom and emerged, naked, bearing nothing but a small hand towel held flimsy at his mid-section" before wrapping his body around her and sexually assaulting her.

Dushku also said she was, "by no small coincidence," hurt in a "stunt-gone-wrong on the Harrier jet" the same day a friend she had confided in confronted Kramer about the incident.

"With broken ribs, I spent the evening in the hospital," Dushku wrote. "To be clear, over the course of those months rehearsing and filming True Lies, it was Joel Kramer who was responsible for my safety on a film that at the time broke new ground for action films. On a daily basis he rigged wires and harnesses on my 12 year old body. My life was literally in his hands: he hung me in the open air, from a tower crane, atop an office tower, 25+ stories high. Whereas he was supposed to be my protector, he was my abuser."

Kramer has denied the allegations, Variety reported.

>> Read more trending news 

According to the Los Angeles Times, "True Lies" writer and director James Cameron said Dushku "is very brave for speaking up, and I think all the women are that are speaking out and calling for a reckoning now."

“I know the other party – not well. He hasn't worked for me since then," Cameron said, according to the Times report. "The fact that this was happening under our noses and we didn’t know about it, I think going forward it’s important for all industries – certainly Hollywood – to create a safe avenue for people to speak up."

Read more here.

Police identify children, mother in double murder-suicide

young boy and girl were killed in northwest Charlotte by their mother who then committed suicide, police said.

>> Read more trending news

During an emotional phone call Patricia Treadway shared memories of her daughter and two grandchildren.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say 34-year-old Christina Treadway killed her two children Saturday, 7-year-old Isaiah Miller and 3-year-old Iliyah Miller, and then committed suicide.

“She was everything that a parent would want in a daughter,” Patricia Treadway said. “She was kind. She raised her children right. Her children were her world."

Officials with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said they responded to the Old Gum Branch Road bridge at Interstate 485 just after 5:30 p.m. on reports of a suicide. When they arrived they found a woman dead on the interstate.

Authorities said "key information" led officers to a home on Sebastiani Drive, where the woman's children were found badly assaulted and alone.

The children were taken to Carolinas Medical Center where they were pronounced dead, officials said.

CMPD officials said their investigation revealed that Treadway assaulted her children before jumping off the bridge.

“I'm kind of at a loss for words, because she was our life,” Patricia Treadway said.

Christina Treadway worked as a Panthers' game-day employee, Panthers spokesman Steven Drummond confirmed.

“It's just really sad to see, knowing what happened and everything like that. Seeing bikes out there is kind of a sad display,” neighbor Brian Lagos said. “Why? You know, why is the main thing."

Police said they have located the children's father, and that he is not a person of interest.

Investigators said they are not looking for any suspects, but are working to determine what led Treadway to harm her children.

“Obviously, that’s at the core of this investigation: What would cause someone to be so despondent to want to take their own life, and take the lives of their children? But that’s going to be a key component of the investigation, and we're nowhere near ready to speak on that,” Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Maj. Mike Smathers said.

The incident marks the second and third homicide cases of 2018 in a community that police said is quiet and low-crime.

All three homicides in Charlotte this year have been considered domestic-related.

Check back with WSOCTV.com for updates on this story.

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >