1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the K95.5 Secret Sound Contest(the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and legal residents of the State of Oklahoma at the time of the Contest. Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter, but must reside in the listening area of KWEN-fm to be eligible to win. Employees of Cox Media Group, LLC (“Sponsor”), any Station, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Void where prohibited.
3. Conditions of Winning. Official rules are available at the KWEN studio at 7136 South Yale, Suite 500, from 8:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. By entering the contest, contestants give permission for their name, photo and/or voice to be used for promotional purposes without compensation. Winners must sign promotional release form as condition of receiving prize. Winner is responsible for all taxes. Prizes must be claimed in person, by the actual winner, at the K95.5 (KWEN) business office within 30 business days or be forfeited. A person may play the "Secret Sound" contest if they have won a contest with K95.5 in the previous 30 days.
No person will be allowed to participate in a contest on another person’s behalf. Each participating entrant must provide their own name and personal information. If an entrant uses a false name or presents false identification, they will be immediately disqualified from the contest and will be ineligible to win any prize. Eligibility decisions will be made by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. By participating in a Sponsor contest participant acknowledges that they understand and will abide by conditions set forth in these contest rules.
Grand Prize winner can only win one Secret Sound contest Grand Prize during a 12 month periods. Only one winner per household is permitted.
4. Contest Period: The Contest period will begin at 12pm on Thursday, September 15th, 2016. The Contest period will continue when the Secret Sound Grand Prize for Phase 1 has been awarded.
5. How to Win the Giveaway: Listen to K95.5. Beginning September 15th, KWEN will play the “Secret Sound” recording at approximately 8:10am, 9:10am, 10:10am, 11:10am, 12:10pm, 1:10pm, 2:10pm, 3:10pm, 4:10pm and 5:10pm each weekday. Upon hearing the “Secret Sound,” listeners will be encouraged to call 918-460-9595 to make a guess as to the specific identity of the “Secret Sound.” K95.5 will take caller number ten (10) and allow that caller to make a guess as to the specific identity of the “Secret Sound.” If caller number ten (10) correctly guesses the specific identity of the “Secret Sound,” they will win the Phase 1 Grand Prize --- $3000 (three thousand dollars), and the contest phase will end. If they are incorrect, they will receive a consolation prize and K95.5 will air that same “Secret Sound” at the next scheduled contest time, until that “Secret Sound” has been correctly identified by a caller and the $3000 (three thousand dollar) Grand Prize has been awarded. An individual may only guess the “Secret Sound” once per day. If you call in, are caller number ten (10), and guess incorrectly, you must wait until the next business day to guess again. Solely at the sponsor’s discretion, clues may be posted as to the specific identity of any given “Secret Sound” on the air, on the station website (http://www.k95tulsa.com), or on the station Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/K95Tulsa).
The decisions of the sponsor as to whether or not a caller has correctly identified the “Secret Sound” to the required level of specificity are final, non-negotiable and binding in all respects.
No alternate winner will be chosen nor will an alternate prize awarded.
6. Prize Description. A maximum of one (1) grand prize will be awarded. Grand prize winners must accept delivery of prize from sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance are the responsibility of winner including but not limited to taxes, title, insurance, license, and registration fees. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except at sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Grand prize winners will be required to complete and return a W-9 form, affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release, and present a valid driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prizes and are responsible for paying all income taxes on their prize. The Phase 1 Grand Prize is valued at $3,000.00.
Approximate Retail Values (ARV): The ARV of the Grand Prize is $3,000. The ARV of consolation prizes will vary, but will be a minimum of $20.
Limit: One (1) Secret Sound Grand Prize per person per 12-month period. Individuals may only win one once during the Contest Period.
7. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning are slim and will depend on the total number of eligible contestants who attempt to call in during any particular contest occasion.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Sponsor will make three (3) attempts to call each potential winner, within ten (10) minutes of the conclusion of each text deadline (by 9:25am ET and 5:25pm ET). If these three (3) attempts go unanswered, Sponsor may select an alternate potential Winner from remaining Entries received during the applicable Listen Time. Sponsor will not accept return phone calls. Potential Winners must answer their phone when contacted, in order to be a verified potential Winner.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit the Station in his/her listening area within forty-eight (48) hours after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. ET and 5 p.m. ET, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID. At that time, the potential winners may also be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law).
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the applicable Listen Time.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
9. Technical Issues: In the event that there is a technical problem with the telephones or equipment beyond KWEN/K95.5FM's control during the contest, the contest will cease at that moment and all parties on the line will be disconnected. The contest will resume after the telephone problem has been corrected. K95.5FM reserves the right to suspend the contest at any time due to weather emergencies, acts of terrorism or war, technical difficulties, or any other circumstances beyond the control of K95.5FM. If such suspension takes place, K95.5FM will broadcast the date and time of the resumption of the contest, and information regarding the resumption of the contest will be available at K95.5FM.com and at the K95.5FM studios at 7136 S. Yale Ave. #500, Tulsa, OK, 74136, during regular business hours (Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm)
10. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON ANY SPONSOR OR STATION WEBSITE(S) AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC COX ENTERPRISES, INC., THE STATIONS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Cox Media Group, LLC, DBA KWEN-fm, 7126 S Yale Ave, #500, Tulsa, OK 74136. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final
and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after conclusion of Contest) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: K95.5 Secret Sound Contest – Phase 1 Fall 2016 - Request Winner List – 7136 S Yale Ave #500 Tulsa, OK 74136.
There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts.
Sign in or Register.