Man in custody for double murder in Turley

TULSA COUNTY, Okla. — A man is in custody accused of killing two people in Turley.

Two first-degree murder charges were filed against Roger Jackson Jr., also known as “C-Note” according to court documents.

On Jan. 5, 52-year-old Harry Leroy McElfresh and 39-year-old Tiffany Dawn Culkins (Sheets) were found dead in a shed behind a mobile home on 66th Street North near U.S. Highway 75 in Turley. The Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office then called them “traumatic deaths”.

McElfresh was the owner of the residence who he leased to Tiffany and Aaron Culkins.

Court documents say both victims were found with their hands duct taped behind their backs, and what appeared to be gunshot wounds to the back of their heads.

A large amount of methamphetamine and money were found throughout the shed they were found in.

Documents say that Aaron told investigators Tiffany and C-Note had a relationship that began when Aaron was in prison, although Aaron said he did not know the extent of the relationship. He said Tiffany told him that she and C-Note had a falling out over bad drugs that were sold.

Aaron said the night that Tiffany was killed, he got home around 7:30 p.m., and Tiffany came in the home and said C-Note “was coming over to pay her back something from a long time ago.” Aaron told detectives he had said to Tiffany, “It better not be dope.”

Aaron said Tiffany left and went to the shed. He said he later heard dogs barking and Tiffany came back to the house for a second time. When he asked her why dogs were barking, she said she thought it could be because McElfresh was outside burying a horse.

Shortly after, around 9 p.m., the daughter of Tiffany went to the shed and found Tiffany and McElfresh lying down, duct taped and bleeding from the head. She returned to the house to tell Aaron what she found, and he called 911.

Documents say that detectives determined through phone records that Jackson called Tiffany three times on Jan. 4, the day before she was killed, and once the day she was killed around 7:30 p.m. Detectives were able to ping Jackson’s phone to close proximity of the murders between 8:35 p.m. and 8:50 p.m.

Jackson’s phone records showed his phone stopped updating his location around 9:10 p.m.

Jackson has multiple previous felony convictions, including for assault and battery and assault with a dangerous weapon. Documents say that many of his previous arrests for domestic assault and battery, the charges were dismissed due to witness failing to appear.

On AirK95.5 Tulsa - Tulsa's New Country Leader Logo

mobile apps

Everything you love about and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!